“And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.” —JOHN 1:14 (NIV)
Real growth happens in our lives as we offer ourselves up to the unexplainable lavished grace of Jesus and the bold hard-to-admit truth …at the same time. Jesus was “full of grace and truth”: 100% grace, 100% truth. And the best thing for us as leaders, and for those we lead, is to strive – in the power of the Holy Spirit – to do the same.
Begin to grasp the importance of “high grace/high truth” communities and a leader’s role in empowering it to take place.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
Over the next few weeks you will…
- Make observations about you and your community’s comfort level with grace and truth.
- Read about the Four Developmental Tasks and choose one for deeper reflection.
- Take the Dark Side of Leadership Assessment.
- Talk with your process partner about your personal discoveries from the assignment.
- Initiate a grace and truth conversation with someone you love.
ASK AND TRUST
Name what you hope to learn during the next few weeks as you process and initiate grace and truth in your daily life?