“If anyone thirsts, let him come to me and drink. Rivers of living water will brim and spill out of the depths of anyone who believes in me this way, just as the Scripture says.” —JOHN 7:37 (MSG)
Leaders often feel the pressure to have it together which can lead to external performance and the temptation to hide our ingrained patterns of sin. This month, we will discover how to uncover the root causes of our sin and move toward experiencing freedom from shame in the context of community.
Learn how to explore root issues of destructive and sinful behaviors and attitudes using the Needs Cycle as a tool.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
Over the next few weeks you will…
- Explore the need and pain beneath our destructive behaviors.
- Personally process the Needs Cycle.
- Talk about your process with a partner.•
- Think about how you might be free of self-contempt as you process your cycles of sin.
- Share the exercise with another friend.
ASK AND TRUST
As we peer into our interior worlds over the next month or so and look at what is driving our negative behaviors, what is one thing you hope God allows you to discover?