“And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you.” —ROMANS 8:11 (NIV)
Big city culture is one that fuels performance. Everywhere you go there are people who seem to be more talented, more educated, more funny, more competent, more… well… more. How do you think this impacts you? Why do you need the Spirit? What is the difference between a Spirit-filled life and a life that is based on performance?
Explore and discuss the role of the Holy Spirit in the life of a surrendered and seamless leader.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
Over the next few weeks you will…
- Learn about the Person of the Holy Spirit and how to keep in step with Him.
- Practice the discipline of Spiritual Breathing.
- Reflect on your own pursuit of excellence vs. performance orientation
- Discuss the exercises with a process partner.
- Share the exercise with another friend.
ASK AND TRUST
Name what you hope to learn this month toward depending upon the Holy Spirit to impact your daily life?