Counter-formation is necessary in the world in order to be people who live and lead from a place of freedom.
From a place of security we can then engage culture and lead well. The cultural vacuum around us does not bend
Flourishing doesn’t happen without intentionally:
- Individuals can be redemptive forces within companies/fields/relational networks/neighborhoods/etc.
- Companies/fields/relational networks can be redemptive forces within a city toward flourishing & restoration.
BIBLICAL VALUES FOR DEVELOPMENT
- Reproducing and multiplying your life is God’s Idea of how the Kingdom will grow (2 Timothy 2:2)
- Deep intimacy and connection (John 15) – He is the Vine, Shepherd, King, Father, Lover
- Learning to love the Lord our God with all… (Matthew 22:37)
- Having character and leaving a legacy that affects your children’s children (Deut. 9, Psalm 103:13-17)
- Do not neglect the gifts God has given you (1 Timothy 4:14)
- Fan into flame the gifts God has given you (2 Timothy 1:6-10)
- Spur one another on toward love and good deeds (Hebrews 10:19-25)
- Bring in glimpses and be a foretaste of The Kingdom on Earth (Psalm 8, Jer. 29:4-11) (Love & serve the city, if the city prospers you will prosper)
- The Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20, Psalm 67)
- Each of us is called to be set apart & are to an active part of the Royal Priesthood (1 Peter 2:9-10)